It's Day Five of My Great Big Summer Staycation -a week off, with the hubby-hubs having four days off. It's been awesome. Before Baby, I usually took staycations (we don't travel very often - we'd like to, we just don't have the money and it's hard for my husband to get time off) and filled them up with errands. My post-baby staycation has thus-far been a satisfying mix of errands and play. Just rambling around the house and yard with Hubs and Baby is supremely satisfying. And cheap! I love this stage Baby's in - everything is interesting. A leaf, a flower, a baby monitor, a spoon, a newspaper. Everything is something to inspect, wave in the air, tear apart, bang against something else. I do have to wrangle him away from the computer and the dvd player about eight times a day, but so far no major damage has been done.
So what have I done in my four days off? I have:
- Read Billy Bob Thornton's memoir - freaking hilarious and very insightful. He's a strange dude, to be sure, but I think we're all strange and he's just not afraid to show his brand of weirdness. It's a great read, but if you can't handle cursing, then DON'T READ IT.
- Cleaned my dish drainer by the kitchen sink. It's something I forget about, and the other night I happened to notice that it was growing its own eco-system. But now it's clean!
- Amended and mailed our tax return. We forgot to pay something. Oops!
- Made pesto with the basil we grow. Didn't have pine nuts or walnuts, so I used pistachios. Turned out yummy!
- Not looked at Facebook for two days straight. Kind of nice.
-Ordered Little Man some shoes. Boy doesn't have shoes! Now that he's cruising the furniture, he needs them.
- Watched "True Grit" with Hubs - the newer version. Pretty good. Hubs had been wanting to see it.
- Took naps along with Baby. I am one of those people who would take a nap about 3pm every day if I could.
- Had some pals come over for dinner. We've not entertained much post-baby, but now he's getting to an age where he can handle lots of people and also stay awake a bit later. So we're going to have people over more often.
That's just some of the fun here at our house this week! I needed this time off so very much.