Saturday, May 8, 2010

Odds and Ends

So, we've already established that I'm a horrible, selfish granddaughter. Let's move on to me being a horrible, selfish daughter. I had to flex my tough love muscle - which I didn't even know I had - and not drive my mother to middle Tennessee this weekend. I forced her to go on her own - or so I thought. She has not left yet. But if and when she does, it will be her choice. She is capable. She doesn't happen to think so, but I do. I have anxieties aplenty. Boy, do I! But the best way to beat down your anxieties is to stare them in the face and just do it anyway. (My old therapist would be so proud.)

It's really, really hard to say no to someone you love.

On a brighter note: My husband said something clever this morning that I felt like sharing. Tonight Betty White is hosting "Saturday Night Live." The morning news was all aflutter about that. As I'm getting ready for work he said, "Betty White is the bacon of the entertainment industry. She's been there a long time, she's really good, and a bunch of stupid hipsters are just now finding out about her."

No comments:

Post a Comment